June 3, 2013

Orangebidz, BubbleBid & SpeedyFinger Reviews

Three new sites I visited in the past month include OrangeBidz, BubbleBid and SpeedyFinger. Links below to their sites:

http://www.orangebidz.com/
http://bubblebid.com/
http://speedyfinger.com

Orangebidz only has auctions in the evening, and few at that. I picked up a bid pack during one of their promotional weekends where you get all your bids back if you lose the auctions. I promptly lost all the auctions I bid on, because there are a handful of power bidders on that site (you'll recognize them after one day), who bid like crazy on all the auctions, including small bid packs and $5 gift cards.

Because I was returned all the bids I bought, the second round I only participated in Beginner Auctions, where the competition was much less fierce. I managed to win a few auctions and BIN one of the smaller gift cards. A couple days later I was refunded most of the bids I used that weekend based on the auctions I lost with the original bids. If not for that, I would have been in the red.

Although it took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to compete on Orangebidz, the excellent customer service and lightning fast receipt of my winnings made up for the less than competitive arena. You have to go in there and prove you are going to stick out an auction and the power bidders will eventually respect you.

BubbleBid & SpeedyFinger are both reserve auction sites that I eschewed in the beginning but thought I'd give them a whirl recently. BubbleBid is a lot of fun, but it's not easy to win if you go in there with no other participants. In order to win, you must either guess the price of the reserve by popping a balloon (not easy), or hope that one of the balloons you popped results in "Bubble Bucks" that can be used to buy bids or play their board game. After a few tries, I did manage to win a few things, and they are very fast at sending ecards to you.

SpeedyFinger is addicting. You must have at least 50 bids to begin with, and that can cost $25, but it's fun to hit the reserve price, especially if you haven't blown all your bids on winning a $15 gift card. I pretty much just broke even there, but you can watch for cheap bid packs sold on http://pennyauctioncoupon.com and get them for half price. That's really the only way to break even or make a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment