March 17, 2013

DealDash User "Bio" - The New "Baby on Board"?

I don't bid on DealDash anymore because I ran out of Russian novels to read while waiting for my "BidBuddy" (autobid) to post after every 15 second countdown. I do visit from time to time, just to read the mini "bios" that the players post under their bizarre celebrity cartoon (I swear, one of them looks like Greta VanSusteren). Some of these bios remind me of the yellow diamond signs people stuck on the back window of their mini-vans that stated, "Baby on Board!" I always thought those signs were ridiculous. It's not as if I would restrain myself from ramming into you just because you might be carrying a baby passenger. I'm not going to ram you, anyway.

Some of the bios are to garner sympapthy, or to assure other players that they are bidding on items for charity or noble causes. They may be true, they may not. It's the internet! We never know. I can't tell how effective are these ploys, but I'm sure it's a wash between the bidders who are annoyed versus the ones that might give them a pass if possible.

The DealDash community is like the Jerry Springer version of penny auctions. People post complaints, politics, snide remarks, scolds and warnings, knowing when they bid, anyone paying attention can read their latest comment. Someone should put in their bio, "I'm living in a cardboard box, jobless and starving! I'm using the library for my internet! Please let me win an iPad!"

I might let that guy win.

No comments:

Post a Comment